10/2/10

10 months old and Starting to Wobble Walk

Casey is 10 months old now...I can't believe he will be 1 year old in about 2 months!  We are having a super fun birthday party, and I am busy planning it...it will be a puppy party, complete with puppy ears and everyone having a "howling good time"...haha.  We are even going to try to make his birthday cake...a dachshund cake!  If any of you are in the area on November 20th, when we have the party, we would love for you to come!  Casey is doing really well...saying lots of words, including "Mama", "Dada", "hi", "bye", and trying to say many others...he will definitely be a talker!  He is also busy busy busy ALL the time....he hardly ever stops moving.  It keeps me on my toes.  I have to watch him pretty much every minute, because he puts EVERYTHING in his mouth.  The other day, I even caught him with a piece of dog food in his mouth (don't worry...I got it out before he really ate it...haha).  Also, just the last few days, he has started to take his first few wobbly steps...it is so cute and amazing to watch.  I've tried to hold on to his hands and walk with him, but he never would do it...and now he just tries to take steps all on his own!  He will take one or two steps and then fall down...but he is learning!  He is about 10 and a half months now...I guess I walked around the same age, so I guess it runs in the family.  :)  He still does not like to go to sleep and so we have resorted to just doing what we can to get the most sleep possible...oh well.  I'm sure we will survive it all.  He is eating a lot of different foods now too, although food is not one of his great "loves".  He is too busy wanting to explore everything.  I'm still at home taking care of him all day and still solely breastfeeding...I am so thankful that God has helped me stick it out (although I am also looking forward to weaning him after he is one, too :) ).  Kevin's job is going great and we are going to the Lucasfilm Halloween party, which will be really fun.  They give out really big prizes for costumes, like tvs and so forth.  Casey is going to be a lobster and we are going to be chefs, complete with a big pot to "cook" Casey in.  It is an adorable costume.  We will have to post pictures.  Casey also just had his first plane ride...we went to his cousin Katerina's 2nd birthday party, which was very fun.  It was hilarious because he makes friends with everyone around him...he smiled at all the strangers in the airport and waved at EVERYONE.  They always think he is cute so they smile and wave back.  So, overall, we love having our little Casey boy.  We just got some new 9 month pictures taken of Casey and us as a family.  I hope you like them!

































2 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks for the update...I wish I was going to be around for this puppy party, it sounds sickeningly cute :) Speaking of cute...those pictures are awesome. You guys are a beautiful family! Miss you!

Anna said...

Cute pictures!